It's here!! Our January roundup of This Month in SWA 🎉
We publish a roundup of Azure Static Web Apps product news, announcements and content updates on the last Wednesday of each month. Catch up on all the updates in one friendly post - and don't forget to contribute your updates for inclusion in the next issue!
- Want to make sure you don't miss it? Subscribe to the feed.
- Want to contribute items for roundup? Submit this custom issue.
- Want to catch up on past posts? Browse past editions.
This section covers recent news or announcements from the product team. Read on to learn the latest news from the world of Azure Static Web Apps!
- Dec 14 | Generally available: Static Web Apps Diagnostics Azure Static Web Apps Diagnostics is an intelligent tool to help you troubleshoot your static web app directly from the Azure Portal. When issues arise, Static Web Apps diagnostics will help you diagnose what went wrong and will show you how to resolve the issues. Get Started with your Static Web App diagnositics.
This section covers content, events and code samples from Microsoft authors. Check them out for relevant learning resources and best practices.
- Dec 6 |
learn.microsoft.com- Publish a Blazor WebAssembly app and .NET API with Azure Static Web Apps by Jon Galloway and James Montemagno Follow along with this Learn Live session as Jon and James walk you through how to automatically deploy and update a Blazor web application and its API from a GitHub repository. Get started with the accompanying Learn Module.
- Dec 13 |
- Jan 10 |
learn.microsoft.com- Configure front-end frameworks and libraries with Azure Static Web Apps The list of frameworks that work with Azure Static Web Apps continues to grow! Find a new framework to explore using the provided configuration to deploy your app. Learn more on all Static Web App build configuration options to get started.
This section highlights content from our amazing developer community - submitted directly, or published to the relevant tag in sites like Tech Community and dev.to.
- Dec 31 |
dev.to- Deep linking with Azure Static Web Apps and Easy Auth by John Reilly Dig in on deep linking and authentication within Azure Static Web Apps. What each is, and how to implement together for your web app.
- Jan 10 |
dotnetthoughts.net- Implementing Authentication in Azure Static Web Apps by Anuraj Parameswaran In this two part series, explore creating and running an app on the Azure Static Web App free plan and standard plans, along with setting up authentication for your app.
- Jan 21 |
youtube.com- Azure Static Web Apps for the Enterprise by Stacy Cashmore Azure Static Web Apps is enterprise ready, and Stacy shows you the steps from infrastructure to authentication on how you can utilize Static Web Apps for your organization.
This section highlights in-person or online events that are likely to feature Azure Static Web Apps content or developer conversations - links to CFPs or registration links are welcome!
- Jan 26 | ✨ Join LIVE for Azure Static Web Apps Community Standups ✨ In this first edition of the SWA Community Standup, we'll introduce the team, the product, some community contributions, and we'll demo how to get up and running quickly from your favorite tools.
- Jan 23 | Join Cloud Native New Year
- Feb 1 | Get ready for Low Code February
Did You Know?
Each month, we hope to turn the spotlight on one key resource or person that is worth knowing about, in the context of Azure Static Web Apps.
Static Web Apps CLI is an all-in-one local development tool For Azure Static Web Apps. Using SWA CLI you can deploy your apps right from your local enviroment to the Azure cloud without a CI/CD workflow, and instead a simple CLI command.
From the SWA CLI you can login to Azure subscriptions, initialize an Azure Static Web Apps project, set build configurations, and deploy your app.
To get you started here is a list of SWA CLI resources:
- Develop with SWA CLI - Covering the basics of getting started with SWA CLI for your development cycle.
- Deploy with SWA CLI - Get connected to Azure and deploy your Static Web App. Including the use of environment variables.
- SWA CLI GitHub Repo - Covering all of SWA CLI, and where you can share your questions, report a bug, and request a feature.
🚨 | Call For Content
Submissions welcome till Feb 15, 2023.
- Did you author an article, create a SWA application or sample?
- Are you organizing an event with a SWA-related session?
- Are you a student who just created your first SWA app or blog post?
Submit the details using this custom issue as soon as possible. We can't wait to share your contributions!